These harnesses, designed by Tellington TTouch Instructor Marie Miller, have an O-ring at the top plus one at the front so that they can be used with a double-ended lead. It becomes easy to stop your dog from pulling using Tellington TTouch leading and balancing techniques (see http://www.xtradog.com/pulling). These harnesses are designed and made by Xtra Dog and offer the following benefits:
• The only manufacturer of fleece harnesses to offer 11 standard fit sizes and a made-to-measure service
• Front rings (as standard) are ideally positioned to re-balance pulling dogs
• Carefully researched measurements for better clearance of the dog’s front legs
• O-rings rather than D-rings - less wear on the webbing
• Webbing matching the colour of the fleece - the most effective and stylish harness a dog can wear
• Machine washable at low temperatures - do not tumble dry
• Recommended by trainers, behaviourists, Tellington TTouch practitioners and vets
• Seen on TV Bang Goes the Theory Featured in the press in the London Metro newspaper, Dogs Today magazine, Your Dog, Dogs Monthly, Dog Trainer Magazine etc.
When walking a dog on the lead the use of a harness can prove a beneficial way to stop it from pulling. A harness takes pressure off the dog’s neck and the connection of the lead is closer to the dog’s natural centre of gravity than it is when attached at the collar. Many trainers and competitors, as well as pet owners, use and recommend harnesses for dogs.
These harnesses have been specially designed with an O-ring at the top plus another one at the front so that they can be used with a double-ended lead. It becomes easy to stop your dog from pulling using Tellington TTouch* leading and balancing walking techniques. These harnesses are designed and made by Xtra Dog and are the only fleece harness on the market specifically designed for Tellington TTouch training and recommended and endorsed by TTouch Instructors and numerous practitioners.
Our fleece harnesses are offered in 11 sizes, to fit dogs as small as teacup dogs to Irish Wolfhounds and everything in between, plus a special size for deep-chested dogs like Pointers and Vizslas. We can also make a custom-fit harness for dogs that do not fit our standard sizes. This can be a problem with certain crossbreeds. We also have a wide range of colours available.
*Tellington TTouch leading exercises enable the dog to override old patterns of movement and behaviour without the use of fear or force. The groundwork improves co-ordination, confidence, focus, self control, balance and co-operation. For more details visit: www.ttouchtteam.com